Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hey, can you say "boring last post?"

Hello, my name is Amber

And I've been writing some crap lately!

I re-read my last post and thought, "wow, I basically made a laundry list of things that are on my mind". I mean, really, I wrote it in what is probably the most boring effort of telling a story. Dryer than British humor and with less effort at entertainment than Kate Goslin at parenting.

Speaking of Kate Goslin, WWWWHHYYYYYY is she famous? Seriously, I don't even have a television and I see this woman everywhere. Not even just her, but all of these reality tv douchecocks! I am SO annoyed with it all: The (fill in the blank) of love, the real housewives of (location), teen bitches with low self-esteem who are in desperate need of therapy of (trendy city with a beach). As an actor, I consider it appalling and a bastardization of entertainment (ooh, look at me on my high horse, haha). But honestly, I think it's so sad that someone is famous for having 300 children, being on a reality love contest, or getting implants. Do we, as viewers (actually I don't watch that stuff, so I'm gonna say "you, as viewers")- Do you, as viewers, not know what amazing forms of entertainment is out there for you? There's books, there are movies (If it's reality you want, check out a documentary- those don't need a staff of writers). There's this old thing, your grandmother may be able to recall a story about it to you, called The Theatre- no, not a movie theatre- but a stage with real life people acting out situations call a Play.

Okay, that was really mean. But you gotta see where I'm coming from. I've dedicated four years of high school and four years of college working on a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the Theatre. At both schools the Theatre was one of the biggest buildings in the most common area of the campus- and yet some (in some cases, a lot) of people STILL don't know where it is. I've had people ask me, "What's a play? I mean, how is it written? Like a book?" I wouldn't find these questions so retarded if they weren't asked by people who said they've worked on film. Ever read a script? They don't really look all that different. If anyone else asked me, I would just tell them- I'm always willing to answer a question. But from that source, I'm sorry, I can't help but stare and imagine them getting slapped with a script.

Oh by the way, I'm PMS-ing right now in case you were wondering why I seem more catty than usual. Not that you really needed to know what my body is doing, but hey, there you go.

So long rant short: I urge the population to get out more. Go see a play, a band, check out some art, see a new documentary. I know money is scarce, but there are alternatives. Get a library card, go to freedocumentaries.org (hulu has docs as well), check out a local band.

I don't really know what point I'm trying to prove here. My roommate and I were talking about the Tea Party and I got riled up, haha.

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. So what' exactly defines a "laundry list"? I've never made such a list, so I must know, for I am the QUEEN of to-do lists.

    Also, LOLZ@"teen bitches with low self-esteem who are in desperate need of therapy of (trendy city with a beach)."

    And also, I would like to plan the downfall of Heidi. Are you with me?

    ReplyDelete